4/16/10

Back for good

I know it's been a while, but being almost done with school and working really ties me down. I am back and fully inspired!
What's with this recent kick of inspiration you ask?
This store: Sew Crafty -Houston !!

My boyfriend and I took a little trip to Houston last weekend to see my family. As per my usual Houston trip I made my way down to a little district in the city called The Heights. They have this great vintage store Retropolis that I have to visit every time I'm down there. Well, this time there was a brand new store next door called Sew Crafty! I walked in and immediately was in awe. Immediately to my left was a wall of beautiful vintage inspired fabrics, and to my right were Amy Butler patterns. I was in love.
I had never been introduced to the idea of a craft lounge before. I was in shock, and almost brought to joyful tears at how perfect this place was. There was a table for Japanese imported fabric that had cupcakes on it, a table with little felt DIY animals, AN ENTIRE RACK of DMC floss (took forever to pry me away from all the pretty colors) and the icing on the cupcake....a Sublime Stitching section. I was in shock. Never had I seen Sublime Stitching in a craft store. Of course I bought 2 of the patterns I had my eye on as of late.
Not only did they have every craft notion, yarn, pattern I ever needed or wanted, they had created an amazing environment.
There was a kids coloring table in the middle of the store for your youngsters, and in the back (behind a beautiful wall of yarn) were project tables! I was so inspired by the idea of bringing a project in and crafting in this amazing, colorful, inspiring environment. There was an upstairs too, but I could tell the boyfriend was getting antsy and didn't think I would ever leave.
This amazing store offers classes and project-a-longs.

I do not only reccomend, but force you to go visit this inspiring establishment.
All it's done though is make me wish I lived in Houston again, and search furiously for similar places in the DFW area.
I am convinced the small, liberal arts town of Denton that I live in needs one. I have the perfect location for it too...if only I won the lottery...

No comments:

Post a Comment